The Great Escape 2013-2018Category: Portfolio
THE GREAT ESCAPE – MUSIC FESTIVAL 2013-2019
Image courtesy of The Great Escape
HYBRED EVENTS ROLE
Event Safety Management
Every May – 2013 to 2019
Brighton City (across 40 venues)
The Great Escape is a unique music festival, utilising over 40 venues and showcasing 400 acts over 3 days. Hybred Events has worked with the TGE team since the first year and in 2013 we were asked to formalise their health and safety procedures.
Our key objectives were to create risk assessments and health and safety guidelines for the event.
To deliver this we:
- Examined their existing paperwork and drafted recommendations of areas for improvement.
- Carried out risk assessments for a number of their pop-up venues and liaised with the council.
- Developed the event safety management plan, emergency evacuation plans, and risk assessments for the Beach Venue, Madeira Drive, Jubilee Square and New Road areas.
- Produced risk assessments covering musical performances in a number of churches, and other unusual venues for ‘secrets’ and pop-up gigs.
- Ensured the core TGE team had robust systems in place by producing an overall risk assessment, including methods of safe working and ‘noise at work’
- Working with the event production team to create emergency contingency plans for the event linking in with MAMA GRoups existing polices.